Congratulations to all abstract and invited faculty presenters who will be presenting at the 2020 Academic Surgical Congress. The 15th Annual Academic Surgical Congress (ASC) will take place February 4-6, 2020 at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace, Orlando, FL.
Below are all the relevant information pertaining to all types of presentations. Please note all deadlines. These instructions apply to all session presentations, unless otherwise noted.
All PowerPoint Presentations must be in 16:9 (widescreen).
PODIUM PRESENTERS (Oral, Video and Invited Faculty Presentations)
Audio Visual Rules: The ASC audio visual specifications can be downloaded via the following link:
ASC AV Specifications
Presentation Guide: Instructions for presenting and preparing PowerPoint presentations can be downloaded via the following link:
ASC 2020 Speaker Guidelines
Disclosure Required: All presenters will be required to include a disclosure slide to be shown in the beginning of their presentation. In addition to the disclosure slide, presenters are asked use generic and objective terms when referring to both devices and/or proprietary technology throughout their presentations. The disclosure slide and title slide do not count towards the slide maximum for Quickshot presentations.
You may use the following sample disclosure slide for your presentation:
ASC 2020 Disclosure Slide
Plenary / Oral / Quickshot Presentation – Speaker Prep Room Check-In REQUIRED:
Podium Presentation Time limits:
- Plenary presentations are limited to 8 minutes with 4 minutes for discussion.
- Parallel oral session talks are limited to 8 minutes with 4 minutes for discussion.
- Quickshot presentations are limited to 3 minutes with a maximum of 5 slides and 2 minutes for discussion. (Disclosure slide and title slide do not count towards the slide maximum for Quickshot presentations)
You MUST check in with Speaker Prep (located in the room Palm Event Center EFGH) before your presentation and preferably AT LEAST 24-HOURS BEFORE your session starts. If you are unable to arrive 24 hours before your session, check in as soon as you arrive. A technician will be available onsite in the Speaker Prep Room to assist you with your presentation to load it onto the show computer. If you do not visit the Speaker Prep room, your session moderator may not allow you to present. Speaker Prep Room Hours are:
- Monday, February 3, 2020: 2:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020: 5:30 AM – 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020: 5:30 AM – 6:30 PM
- Thursday, February 6, 2020: 5:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Pre-Meeting Presentation Upload
To help greatly reduce on-site issues, we highly recommend uploading your presentation ahead of time.
PLEASE NOTE: The presentation upload site will only be available until Saturday, February 1 at 5PM EST. Any files over 2GB in size must be uploaded directly in the Speaker Ready Room and cannot be uploaded online.
Visit the following link to upload your presentation online:
Please login with the following credentials:
Username: the presenter’s first name and last name (no spaces)… ie. johnsmith
Default password: asc2020
Once you log in, you will be prompted to change your password. Please do so and then click on the File Upload link to the left-hand side.
If you encounter problems logging into the presentation upload site please contact ASC Presentation Services for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Important Note: You must still check into the Speaker Ready Room at least 24 Hours prior to the start of the session your presentation is in, even if you submitted your presentation online. Please bring a complete copy of your presentation with you to the Speaker Ready Room, even if you submitted your presentation online.
For more detailed instructions on how to make a QuickShot Presentation, please use the following video for reference:
SUS New Member Posters
Poster boards will be located in the Veranda Room of the hotel. Please bring your posters with you and push pins will be provided. Please take note of the following details regarding your presentation:
- Dimensions: 4 Feet High by 8 Feet Wide
- Poster Set-Up Time: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 1PM-4PM
- Presentation Time: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 4:45PM-5:45PM. You will be divided into groups and all the posters in your group will be moderated in turn by a member of the Executive Council, Past Presidents, and Membership Committee. You are expected to stay with the group for the entire session.
- Poster Breakdown Time: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, immediately following the Poster Session
- NOTE: Any poster still standing after the poster breakdown time will be discarded