Registration Now Open!
Course Date: Friday, March 5, 2021
Registration Fee: $150
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received in writing by February 26, 2021 will be refunded minus a $50 administrative fee. Cancellations will not be honored after February 26, 2021 and no refunds will be processed after this date.
View the Course Agenda Now!
(Faculty and content subject to change)
Join the AAS and SUS for an intensive course designed to support your successful attainment of extramural grant funding.
The course is ideal for:
- Learning the essential elements of a successful research proposal and how funding agencies work.
- Obtaining an insider’s view of the grant review process within a study section.
- Garnering feedback and guidance on your current grant proposal.
Who Should Attend?
- Faculty members or soon-to-be faculty members writing their first grant.
- Faculty members writing a career development award or other grant.
- K or other career development awardees looking to transition to and R01 or other major grant.
Workshops: There are two workshops that are part of the course – Mock Study Sections and a Grantsmanship Workshop. Attendees will be required to review and prepare materials prior to attending the course on March 5th.
- Mock Study Sections will take place on March 5th as the last session of the day. Course participants will be assign specific roles with each group and practice participating in a study section. Materials for this workshop will be sent to participants in mid-February.
- Grantsmanship Workshop – Specific Aims Page: Participants may submit a specific aims page to be reviewed by a faculty facilitator. Specific aims pages must be summited through the submission form by March 1st. Instructions on where to upload the specific aims page will be emailed to participants after they have registered. Following the March 5th course, participants will be introduced to their faculty reviewer to schedule a time to discuss feedback on your grant.
If you have any questions regarding the course, please contact email@example.com.