The Academic Surgical Congress is happy to announce that the meeting app for ASC 2019 is ready for download from the Apple and Google App Stores. This year, we have changed the main navigation, enhanced the search function to make it faster and more accurate, greatly improved Twitter interface on the main screen, easier photo sharing for those awesome slides and visual abstracts to come, added auto-suggest and auto-complete functionality for search terms, and results are now more relevant. We have also improved the user interface and added a comprehensive tutorial so first-time users get up to speed faster.
Some answers to frequently asked questions:
The app data is wrong, what gives?
The app loads with only basic data and then needs to connect to the internet to get the most recent data. When prompted, please allow the app to download over both Wifi and cellular connections to get the fastest up-to-date data.
Do I need an internet connection to use the app?
Only to receive the most up to date data! After that, almost everything in the app is stored on your device so you can manage your schedule on the plane!
Do I need to create an account/login to use the app?
No! Creating an Event Pilot/ASC 2019 account or logging in using an account from a previous meeting adds the following benefits:
- Ability to sync calendar, notes, bookmarks, etc across multiple devices/web site version
- Ability to send/receive messages from other attendees
- Ability to comment/rate almost anything in the app
- Get a personalized email with your daily schedule and suggestions for related courses each morning
- …and more!
We are pushing updates daily to the app containing descriptions, room and time changes, speaker assignments and more. If you need technical support or have any questions, comments, concerns please contact email@example.com!
If you already have the EventPilot app from a previous meeting, you can simply switch it to the ASC 2019 meeting data using these instructions:
- Make sure you update your version of the Event Pilot app
- Open the App. Your previously selected meeting should load.
- Tap the “More” button on the menu
- Tap “Find Event” on the next screen
- Enter “ASC 2019” to load the ASC 2019 meeting data.